Thursday 13 November 2014

The Grandest Canyon

Today is the day--the day that we had been building up to. All 14 Stretchies plus Ed, Justin, and Matt decided to hike to the Colorado and back on the Bright Angel Trail: 18 miles long, 1 mile down in elevation. Clearly, we were warned against doing so. Some of our crew decided to one-up the canyon and run down (I did not haha).

Well, we started at 7:15am and I made it down by 10:30. It was so beautiful and the mighty Colorado was roaring (high flow experiment ~35,000cfs). I made it back up by 3pm. It was such an accomplishment and am so thankful to have had the opportunity and to have been in shape to do it.






11/13/14
I decided not to put a new post for the last day, since I feel like the Grand Canyon should be the culmination of the Stretch. But today, we got to go down into a lava tube and walk about 1 mile to the end. Pretty cool stuff!





No comments:

Post a Comment